Alloy Software Strengthens IT Service Desk Management Suite with AJAX for Enhanced Web Performance
25 June 2007
Nutley, NJ (June 25, 2007) – Alloy Software, Inc., a leading provider of service management, asset management, and network management software solutions, today announced the release of Alloy Navigator™ 5.3 – the company's flagship solution that provides a centralized service desk platform to proactively administer all aspects of IT service management. The new Alloy Navigator 5.3 provides a broad range of features and functionality to automate and optimize IT service and support operations, as well as other business-critical processes.
Addressing the need to enhance web performance for its customers, Alloy Software has implemented AJAX into its latest version of Alloy Navigator. AJAX is a cutting-edge development technique for creating interactive web applications. The intent is to make web pages more responsive by exchanging small amounts of data with the server behind the scenes, so that the entire web page does not have to reload each time the user requests a change. Leveraging AJAX, Alloy Software is replicating the user interface that is comparable to those available on desktop applications. With this functionality now built-in to Alloy Navigator, customers will experience better performance, speed and visibility into the product.
"We have also added various usability improvements into the new Alloy Navigator that make the system easier to deploy for our customers," explained Matthew Hull, Director of Technical Services at Alloy Software. "In addition to new AJAX functionality, we have significantly improved our set-up wizards and simplified the deployment process for administrators with much more context-sensitive guidance. This reduces the need to refer to product documentation while simultaneously increasing the speed of installation."
Additional features of the new Alloy Navigator 5.3 include:
- Reporting – new canned reports are added, while existing ones within Alloy Navigator offer more usability.
- Enterprise Licensing – purchasers of Alloy Navigator now have better license support for large multi-site organizations with this new enterprise license offering.
- Security – improved security model restricts levels of permissions to reduce unauthorized access, and SSL support for incoming and outgoing email server connections.
- Drag-and-Drop Attachments – drag and drop of file attachments into tickets are a snap.
- Email Notifications – email notifications provide even more detailed information on changes to tickets – this convenient feature keeps both technicians and end users constantly up to date.
- Improved Linux Support – Alloy's Inventory Analyzer for Linux now supports the popular Ubuntu Linux distribution.
- Support for RADMIN 3.0 – remote connection profiles now support Famatech's RADMIN 3.0.
- Knowledge Base Upgrade – users benefit from improved editing features and the capability to easily track changes in the knowledge base.
Pricing & Availability
Available today, Alloy Navigator is priced per agent and audit node. Pricing for a three-agent license supporting 100 nodes is $3,845 (which includes maintenance).
About Alloy Navigator
Alloy Navigator provides a centralized service desk platform to proactively administer all aspects of IT service management. It offers a powerful suite of tools to standardize, simplify, and streamline IT operations, and improve service delivery, including self-service. Leveraging industry best practices, Alloy Navigator enables organizations to automate incident, problem, change, configuration, and service management.
About Alloy Software
Established in 2002, Alloy Software is a leading provider of service management, asset management, and network management software solutions that help organizations of all sizes automate IT operations. The company's flagship solution, Alloy Navigator, is a comprehensive IT service management solution based on industry principles. It includes a centralized service desk environment with integrated asset management, configuration management, and change management tools. Used worldwide, Alloy Navigator helps service and support organizations optimize IT resources, improve productivity and financial processes, ensure software license compliance and reduce costs. For more information contact Alloy Software at (973) 661-9700 or visit www.alloy-software.com.
♦ ♦ ♦
Digital Marketing Manager