Audit Tools 5.3 Released
03 February 2012
Alloy Software released a new cumulative update to the Alloy Audit Tools which is an integral part of the Alloy Discovery and Alloy Navigator product lines.
Alloy Audit Tools is a package of various tools and components used by Alloy Discovery and Alloy Navigator to audit computers and display audit results. The Alloy Audit Tools package consist of the following modules:
- Inventory Analyzer for Windows
- Inventory Analyzer for Linux
- Inventory Analyzer for Mac
- Audit Data Viewer
Among a large number of new features and fixes, this update offers the following major improvements:
Inventory Analyzer for Windows
- Improved detection of software serial numbers for a range of Microsoft and Adobe products.
- Improved detection of Windows XP Professional 64-bit edition, Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation, Windows Home Server 2010, and Windows 8 Developer Preview operating systems.
- Improved detection of virtualization software, such as VMVare, Oracle VM, Virtual Box, Microsoftt Virtual PC, and Parallels.
- Added detection and reporting of security information, such as firewall settings and virus/malware protection status from Windows Security Center and Windows Action Center.
Inventory Analyzer for Mac OS
- Added support for MAC OS 10.7 "Lion".
Audit Data Viewer
- Improved Unicode support.
- Now the Audit Data Viewer displays Windows OS architecture (32bit or 64bit).
- Now the Audit Data Viewer displays security information, such as firewall settings and virus/malware protection status from Windows Security Center and Windows Action Center.
This update applies to the following Alloy Software products:
- Alloy Navigator 6.1
- Alloy Navigator 6.0
- Alloy Navigator 5.3 (with the Network Inventory module updated to version 5.3.1)
- Alloy Discovery 6.1
- Alloy Discovery 5.1
- Alloy Navigator Express 5.1
Alloy Audit Tools 5.3.0 provides numerous enhancements and fixes for the issues identified in previous Alloy Audit Tools versions.
This update is available for download from the Alloy Software Support Portal to customers with a current Software Maintenance & Support plan.
♦ ♦ ♦
Digital Marketing Manager