Alloy Navigator Express 6.5 Released
10 October 2012
Version 6.5 is a maintenance release, and it provides a number enhancements and fixes for the issues identified in the previous version. Here is a list of some of the changes in the this version:
- Concurrent Licensing Model: If you have a Service Desk with multiple shifts, nowyou may save licensing costs with our new concurrent licensing model.
- Customer Satisfaction Survey: The new Customer Satisfaction Survey feature allows your end users to rate their service. This gives you the ability to analyze their feedback against a number of factors and ultimately improve your services and your customer’s experience.
- Hypervisor Support: Audit and gather information about Hypervisors and virtual machines from a number of platforms such as Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX, VMware ESXi, Xen, Citrix XenServer, and more.
- Knowledge Base Ratings: Alongside the intelligent Knowledge Base content creation mechanism now comes the ability for end users to rate the articles. You can quickly identify which information is effective and which information is not.
- Improved Product Key Detection: Version 6.5 offers enhanced detection of software installation keys for Adobe and Microsoft products. This ensures accurate identification of software installations and facilitates license usage tracking.
- Software License Management Enhancements: Gain a whole new level of visibility for compliance in your company. New functionality surrounding upgraded software, license policies and restrictions including new compliance calculation methods and tracking abilities assist with staying in compliance.
- Business Logic Enhancements: Automatically create sub-tasks with the click of a button and obtain complete visibility on your IT projects such as New Employee Setup, Software and Hardware Requests.
- Dashboard Enhancements: Monitor your IT operations with brand new intelligent chart and panel features like drill-down, filtering abilities, and Smart View panels so you have quick access to current trends and events.
- Reporting Enhancements: Version 6.5 adds support for the RDL format (Microsoft Report Definition Language), which allows you to use Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services as a free alternative to Crystal Reports.
- Improved SNMP Handling: Enhancements to SNMP v3 authentication and privacy settings as well as the ability to automatically import discovered SNMP devices for integration with financial details and service history make managing printers, switches other network devices easier than ever.
Customers with a current Software Maintenance plan can download the update from the Alloy Support Portal.
♦ ♦ ♦