Audit Not Working

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator Express 6 application

Audit Not Working

Postby JaxIsland on Fri May 29, 2015 4:37 pm

I am trying to get the ina32.exe to work properly so I can script it. Right now I have it shared onto a file share with open permisisons. When I manually run it most of the time it does nothing I would say 9 out of 10 times nothing happens. 1 out of 10 times it actually shows in the global log as success but the file is not it the auditdata folder and I cannot find it anywhere. I am lost and new to this program, any help would be appreciated.
JaxIsland
Junior

Re: Audit Not Working

Postby janstonselig on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:34 pm

I use the enterprise version of Navigator, but I bet it's similar. There's a run interval setting that determines how often the snapshot is created. For instance, if you set the run interval to every 1 day, it will only create a snapshot once per day regardless of how many times you run the ina32.exe. This is to make sure you don't create a 50 snapshots if the person reboots 50 times.

Take a look to see if you have a setting like that. Maybe the help file has it somewhere in there.

Also there should be a .cfg file along with the ina32.exe. Not saying I'd edit it directly, but I bet you'll see what it's set to in there.
janstonselig
Senior

Postby JaxIsland on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:19 pm

I have 2 domains, and this works on one domain and not the other. I copied the cfg file over and modified the paths to the share on its own domain, even with a working example, the ina32.exe does not create the report. I am not sure why and don't know if there is an error log I can look at. The global log shows nothing.

Edit: I take that back the global log shows Success everytime I run it manually but I cannot see the actual audit file. I verified the path in the cfg file and the audit file does not show up. I am not sure where the Success is being reported from but its not creating an audit file.
JaxIsland
Junior

Postby eliaslynch on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:13 pm

Can you post the contents of the .cfg file here?
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby JaxIsland on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:01 pm

I have found another product to get me what I need, I am no longer pursuing alloy to do this.

Thanks
JaxIsland
Junior

Postby eliaslynch on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:48 pm

That's a shame. The product is really so simple to use. Not sure what you might have been doing lol
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator Express 6 Discussion