login issues

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator 6 Web Portals

login issues

Postby aargre on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:54 pm

when my users are logging into the webportal a dialog box is popping up asking for authentication and it is using {website name}\{AD Username} instead of {domain}\{ AD Username}.

I inherited this system so I don't know how it was originally set-up. so, if you could, when asking for details about the system let me know where I can find the information you are looking for it would make it easier for me to find it.
aargre
Junior

Re: login issues

Postby eliaslynch on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:09 pm

That's either a browser configuration problem or an authentication issue in your environment. I had something similar a while back. Support helped me with this one, but I don't remember what it was :( sorry.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby aargre on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:50 pm

The current way users are being authenticated for the Allow Web Portal is Integrated Windows Authentication. From what I understand Digest Authentication passes the Users Active Directory credentials

http://www.tech-faq.com/user-authentication-in-iis.html

would you recommend this change to fix my issue?
aargre
Junior

Postby eliaslynch on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:12 pm

aargre wrote:The current way users are being authenticated for the Allow Web Portal is Integrated Windows Authentication. From what I understand Digest Authentication passes the Users Active Directory credentials

I don't think I'd use digest. If you're getting prompted for machinename/username instead of domain/username it makes me think about permissions or delegation.

If you're a small company with only a few techs without the resources to troubleshoot this I'd either switch to using SQL Authentication to make it easier on yourself or give support a ring so they can take a closer look at the details.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Web Portal Discussion