Calculating Time Spent on Work Orders

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 6 application

Calculating Time Spent on Work Orders

Postby martincs31 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi

I am trying to configure some work orders so tat they automatically open a ticket when the mail connector sees an email and then when the user sends the word done, it will update the ticket to the closed status however i cannot workout how to calculate the time spent on the ticket. I know there is a way through alloy navigator 5 but there is no concept of business rules in Alloy navigator 6.

is there an easy way to do this?
martincs31
Junior

Re: Calculating Time Spent on Work Orders

Postby janstonselig on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:31 pm

martincs31 wrote:I am trying to configure some work orders so that they automatically open a ticket when the mail connector sees an email

Did you get this to work?

martincs31 wrote:and then when the user sends the word done, it will update the ticket to the closed status

Did you get this to work?

martincs31 wrote:i cannot workout how to calculate the time spent on the ticket. I know there is a way through alloy navigator 5 but there is no concept of business rules in Alloy navigator 6.

Are you trying to have time spent be entered when the ticket is closed?
janstonselig
Senior

Re: Calculating Time Spent on Work Orders

Postby martincs31 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 pm

At the moment I have managed work out the auto opening of the work order using the existing functionality and the auto closing of a ticked baced on the update ticket in the mail conector.

For the time spent is use a DATEDIFF function and created a UDF called Time Taken which works perfectly for what we want.
martincs31
Junior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Discussion