[ERROR] Access violation when processing email

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator Express 6 application

[ERROR] Access violation when processing email

Postby Jethroz on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:04 am

pille wrote:Hey, sorry I didn't reply sooner. I read this the other day and brought it up to the devs and was waiting a response. Late yesterday they said that the fact you had to be logged in was a known situation and they said 99% it would be fixed in ANX6 probably on release or in the maintenance release shortly after.

However your statement...

Jethroz wrote:Well, managed to figure the above problem out. I had to set the Automation Server to run under the same credentials as the monitored mail account. Local and Network Service would error out on either installation once the monitored account was logged off the machine.

Are you suggesting now you can leave the machine logged out and it will still work with this configuration?

That is correct. With no user logged in, and the Automation Server using the monitored account credentials, the Mail Connector service does still run and is able to check the monitored mailbox.

New problem has been popping up randomly though. The connector service was able to check the monitored mailbox without error for the past 4-5 days. This morning though, new messages in the box error out when the connector tries to grab them.

Code: Select all
[11/15/2011 7:30:01 AM]  0 messages has been processed
[11/15/2011 7:30:01 AM]  Mail server disconnected.
[11/15/2011 7:30:01 AM] [ERROR] Access violation at address 7C8415E7 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 0FFB0102
[11/15/2011 7:30:01 AM]  End of log

The hex addresses is always different. Let me know if I need to submit a log dump of all of these events to you.
Jethroz
Junior

Re: [ERROR] Access violation when processing email

Postby pille on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:23 am

Probably the first thing to check is if it's being cause by the email in the inbox.

If that's the only email in the inbox, move it out and send a test email to see if that processes ok. If there's multiple emails try to move one at a time out and see if the others process.

The idea is to narrow down the email that's causing the issue (if it is an email). If you find it's an email message, drag it to your desktop and then send me that file so we can analyze it.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Postby Jethroz on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:35 pm

*I'm going to send this as an email with attached samples/logs also*

Here's what I have done:
Reset both servers.
With no messages in the monitored mailbox, all account tests and automation jobs complete successfully.
I sent a message to the monitored account and both server installations displayed the error.
When I removed the message from the monitored account, all automation jobs processed successfully.
Placing the message back into the Inbox resulted in one server reporting the error and the other was able to process the message and create the ticket after 3 attempts. <- Odd result - I need to play with this some more
I tried sending from an outside source to the monitored mailbox (GMail) and received the same results as above.

Sending you the messages and logs.
Jethroz
Junior

Postby pille on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Guessing you never had a chance, but if you have time to pursue this and can't since the license expired let me know. I'll extend it for the purposes of troubleshooting this.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Postby Jethroz on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 am

Thanks Paul. I received the updated license and replied to the ticket with the debug results. Hopefully a fix can be found. :)
Jethroz
Junior

Return to Alloy Navigator Express 6 Discussion