Mail Connector problem using Exchange mode

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator Express 6 application

Mail Connector problem using Exchange mode

Postby Jethroz on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:04 am

Two installations:
Win2003 using SQLExpress (local)
Win2008R2 using SQL2005 (remote)
Using the inbound Mail Connector in Exchange mode, (POP/IMAP are not options - disabled on Exchange server)

Both installations are successful in checking the monitored mailbox while the monitored account is logged into the server. If I log off the monitored account, the mail connector fails with Error 3. Logs show "[ERROR] MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED."

Not sure I like the idea of a user needing to be perpetually logged into the server for the Mail Connector service to function. Looking for a little advice or direction to make this work. Thanks.

-Jeff
Jethroz
Junior

Re: Mail Connector problem using Exchange mode

Postby Jethroz on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Well, managed to figure the above problem out. I had to set the Automation Server to run under the same credentials as the monitored mail account. Local and Network Service would error out on either installation once the monitored account was logged off the machine.

:)
Jethroz
Junior

Re: Mail Connector problem using Exchange mode

Postby pille on Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Hey, sorry I didn't reply sooner. I read this the other day and brought it up to the devs and was waiting a response. Late yesterday they said that the fact you had to be logged in was a known situation and they said 99% it would be fixed in ANX6 probably on release or in the maintenance release shortly after.

However your statement...

Jethroz wrote:Well, managed to figure the above problem out. I had to set the Automation Server to run under the same credentials as the monitored mail account. Local and Network Service would error out on either installation once the monitored account was logged off the machine.

Are you suggesting now you can leave the machine logged out and it will still work with this configuration?
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Return to Alloy Navigator Express 6 Discussion