Link Hardware to Assets

Alloy Discovery is a comprehensive network discovery and inventory solution for medium and enterprise business environments delivering best-in-class features, usability, scalability, delivering up-to-date audit information for the entire organization.

Link Hardware to Assets

Postby uniceftacro on Wed May 18, 2011 1:38 pm

One of the things I like the least about Alloy Navigator is the duality between the computer/hardware tables and assets, I guess there is a benefit of this, but in my mind it only seems to duplicate work.
Anyway, I am entering blackberry smartphone devices into AN as Hardware records, this is fine. But then, I need to create an asset and reenter all the assignment and classification just to be able enter the internal asset tag number?
This is still cumbersome but easier for Computers as Alloy Discovery *duplicates* the records automatically, but how about manually entered or imported non-computer records?
Thanks.
uniceftacro

Re: Link Hardware to Assets

Postby tccwrd on Fri May 20, 2011 10:29 am

Support helped me duplicate that workflow so it works the same for hardware too. They said it was changed in 6.1 or 6.1.1 (can't rem) to work this way, but upgraders don't get the latest workflow since upgrading the workflow might overwrite our modifications.

If you look at how the computer/asset logic works you can just create what you want.
Gary
tccwrd
Senior

Re: Link Hardware to Assets

Postby uniceftacro on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:17 am

tccwrd wrote:Support helped me duplicate that workflow so it works the same for hardware too. They said it was changed in 6.1 or 6.1.1 (can't rem) to work this way, but upgraders don't get the latest workflow since upgrading the workflow might overwrite our modifications.

If you look at how the computer/asset logic works you can just create what you want.

Same here. Thanks!
uniceftacro

Return to Alloy Discovery Enterprise 6