Software License Administration 2

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator 6 Asset Management

Software License Administration 2

Postby ICT Tebodin on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:51 am

This issue concerns navigation and changing/altering fields in the Finance TAB of an Asset:

How can I fill and/or alter the fields: Vendor, Invoice Number, Unit Cost, Status, Received Date, Retirement Date, Last Depreciation, Current Value?
ICT Tebodin
Senior

Re: Software License Administration 2

Postby eliaslynch on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:19 pm

it appears they were expected to be populated from purchase orders, but if you don't use purchase orders you can create workflow to allow you to fill those fields out. see the update information task action and just copy it or add to it.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby Tebodin on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:56 am

thanks.

I'm thinking about what happens when sometimes the purchase orders are used and sometimes not. Will it overwrite? Also when using purchase orders receiving the item will start a workflow that creates asset and computer for example, but computers are scanned and imported. Will they be created again? And if the computer was scanned and imported first, will the Receive Item action in PO 'know' this?

I probably should experiment to find out?
---------
Brendan
Tebodin

Postby eliaslynch on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:58 pm

Tebodin wrote:Also when using purchase orders receiving the item will start a workflow that creates asset and computer for example, but computers are scanned and imported. Will they be created again? And if the computer was scanned and imported first, will the Receive Item action in PO 'know' this?

It's my understanding if you use POs, you'll want to receive computers before auditing them, but when you receive them, enter a serial number for it. This way it creates the computer record with the serial number and when the computer is audited it will come in, have a conflict due to that serial number and then you can resolve-overwrite the computer it conflicts with.

If you audit a computer and then receive a PO, you will have two computer records - one with financial info and the other with configuration info. Not good.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Asset Management Discussion