Alloy 6 reportcmd.exe help

Open discussion about using Crystal Reports with Alloy Navigator 6

Alloy 6 reportcmd.exe help

Postby rcs-tech on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:04 am

Have a couple of questions about running reportcmd.exe.

"C:\Program Files\Alloy Software\Alloy Navigator 6\Bin\ReportCmd.exe" /Report="Service Desk Technician Statistics - Completed Date" /File="Service Desk Technician Statistics - Completed Date" /Type="PDF" /Server="ServerDB" /Database="Alloy6" /NTAuth=0 /User="Alloy6Admin" /Password="ABCDEFG" /"Show Details"="Show metrics only" /"Date Field"="Completed Date" /"Date Range"="[eolw;eod]" /"Grouping Type - Value"="Assignee"

In testing , having issues with "Date Range" and "Grouping Type - Value" parameter.

1. With Date Range, entering both integer or text with and without quotation bring the error: String length is less than 0 or not an integer.

2. Is there a list of all keywords that can be use in date range? eod, eolw, eolm etc

3. How do i set the Grouping Type - Value to properly select as an example all assignee id in subgroup?

ex. Group_Name: Assignee and selecting all values from available value list

4. With multiple level grouping, how do i set L2ParentGroup to ex. Group_Name: Assignee Group and selecting all values from available value list?

Thanks for the help :)
rcs-tech
Junior

Re: Alloy 6 reportcmd.exe help

Postby janstonselig on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:10 pm

rcs-tech wrote:1. With Date Range, entering both integer or text with and without quotation bring the error: String length is less than 0 or not an integer.

Not sure integers or text would work here. After all it's a date/date time field. I'd run the report manually and use the values exactly as they are in the parameter when you run it manually.

rcs-tech wrote:3. How do i set the Grouping Type - Value to properly select as an example all assignee id in subgroup?

Same as above. Whatever the value is when you run it manually, I'm sure that's what it will accept via the comment line.
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Report Creation Using Crystal Reports