Email Notification - to include Total Amount

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 6 application

Email Notification - to include Total Amount

Postby jasonstarkey on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Creating a Purchase Order workflow that matches our business process, and about 80-90% complete. Here is the process in short:

Requester creates new PO and updates accordingly (status=draft). The requester then selects an action which notifys their manager (action changes status to Ready for Approval and then sends out an email notification to the manager indicating a new PO is ready for approval). The manager reviews the PO and if everything looks good, they click an action to Approve order. The Approve Order action does (changes status to approved for purchase and then sends out an email notification to the director indicating that a new PO was approved).

This is the part i'm stuck on. The Directors want an email notification...easy...they want the email to contain some items i'm having a difficult time getting on there though. I'm using an html format, since they are such a visual audience and are pleased with looks...and i can add all requested values with the exception of PO Items. I attempted to use the system macro: PO Items All, but in an html format its not pretty...

They even want to see the total amount, but i dont see Ojects fields, system macros, or user macros, and i'm not sure what the SQL structure well enough to devise a SQL expression...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Jason
jasonstarkey

Re: Email Notification - to include Total Amount

Postby eliaslynch on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:20 pm

In the email when you add placeholders check out system macros. There is one called <PO Items all>. Not sure what it sends. As for the total amount, I'm surprised that's not there. I bet you can grab it with SQL with some work. You'd have to create a parameter in the email notification and then attach a SQL query to that parameter.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby jasonstarkey on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:58 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Thought that a reason its not included as a field in the Email Notification is that its not stored in SQL. I thought maybe that Total Amount field is calculated within client versus being stored in database.

I tried the PO Items <all> and that provided the line item cost and quantity but not the total amount of the PO.

thanks!
jasonstarkey

Postby janstonselig on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:03 pm

jasonstarkey wrote:... but not the total amount of the PO.

here's a real quick and dirty way to get the total amount and pass it to an email. here I'm passing it to a message box in a task action, but you can just replace the message box with an email notification.

if you have questions let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Discussion