MAIL CONNECTOR JOB

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 6 application

MAIL CONNECTOR JOB

Postby PSD Daz on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:09 am

I am currently setting up a test system for AN6 and was interested in using the Mail connector to automatically log tickets from email - When I try to set up a Mail Connector Job in the mail server tab I select MS exchange but then there are no profiles for me to use - there is a checkbox for default profile which does not work either - how do I configure it to monitor an exchange email address and log the tickets from there
PSD Daz
Junior

Re: MAIL CONNECTOR JOB

Postby trc_pdx on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:05 pm

I handled this by installing Outlook on the AN6 server and creating a profile under the same account that the mail connector job uses.
trc_pdx

Postby PSD Daz on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:35 am

I have installed Outlook on the server and configured the email - when i go back into the Alloy Admin settings to set up the Mail Connector job I still cannot choose a profile and the default profile does not work n- some step by step help would be appreciated
PSD Daz
Junior

Postby surint on Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:32 pm

Make sure you are using the same account for Mail Connector job and for MS Outlook when creating profile. Remember, Mail Connector can see only profiles created for the same account it is running under.
surint
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Discussion