Links to Knowledge Base Articles

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 6 application

Links to Knowledge Base Articles

Postby KHSnettech on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:23 pm

I have not been able to find any information in the discussion boards regarding links to Knowledge Base articles.

Although I can think of many reasons I would like to be able3 to do so the biggest is to create links in KB articles to other KB articles. Example - I have a process that takes 3 major steps, three steps that individually may be related to different categories and sub categories. It may not always be necessary to perform all three steps, maybe only the first and the last.

Rather than having to search through the Knowledge Base categories and subcategories to find the article I am looking for (I would rather not associate an article with another), I would like to include the title and/or KB article number in one article to another with a link so the process of discovery can be as simple as clicking on a link.

I have found ways of doing this in a backward round about way but it should be easier and more intuitive. As I create an article I would like to just be able to create a link to the last related article I wrote with a simple process.

Anyone!
Patrick Mckay
PC Analyst / Network Technician
Kimball Health Services
nettech@kimballhealth.org
(308) 235-1965 ext 122
KHSnettech

Re: Links to Knowledge Base Articles

Postby janstonselig on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:13 am

That's a good practice that I wish I followed :) but anyhow, I think I have your answer.

When you edit an article, check out the button on the toolbar with a globe and a chain link. Change the link type to Database Object and browse for whatever you want to link to.
janstonselig
Senior

Re: Links to Knowledge Base Articles

Postby tccwrd on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:14 am

I did not know that! Thanks!
Gary
tccwrd
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Discussion