Running Discover from command line

Alloy Discovery is a comprehensive network inventory solution for network administrators and IT service providers, advancing the Alloy Network Inventory product line with next generation technology.

Running Discover from command line

Postby aaen on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:44 am

I am trying to automate running Alloy Discovery once a week. I know that I can run AlloyDiscovery /Audit=<group> from the command line, but how do I run discover on an IP range from the command line? We have a lot of IP ranges defined, and it is quite tedious running discovery on each group by hand.

Regards,

Rasmus Aaen
aaen
Junior

Re: Running Discover from command line

Postby tccwrd on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:41 am

Help file just talks about audit group. Have you tried using the audit group name for your ip range group?

Code: Select all
/Audit=[GroupName]
 This option is required to run Alloy Discovery in a hidden mode.
Specifies the name of the group to audit. Several groups can be specified except for the "All Computers" group.

Examples:

/Audit=MyGroup
/Audit="MS SQL Server" /Audit=Linux_Group
Gary
tccwrd
Senior

Postby aaen on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:15 am

As I said, I don't want to run audit on a group, but discovery. As far I can see, this is not possible in the current version, making it impossible to completly automate Alloy Discovery.

/Rasmus
aaen
Junior

Postby tccwrd on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:46 pm

You had me a bit confused since you have to do a discovery by using an audit group.

Either way, it appears you found your answer in what seems like a duplicated post - viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4678
Gary
tccwrd
Senior

Return to Alloy Discovery Express 5