Auto assign ticket to group

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Auto assign ticket to group

Postby netops@rmf.harvard.edu on Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:21 am

I would like to know if when a ticket comes in it can be automatically assigned to a group so that the group will get an email that a ticket has been assigned to them.
netops@rmf.harvard.edu

Postby pille on Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:11 am

Originally posted by netops@rmf.harvard.edu
I would like to know if when a ticket comes in it can be automatically assigned to a group so that the group will get an email that a ticket has been assigned to them.

In A5 you can use business logic to automatically assign tickets to groups or assignees. You can then have it email all the members of a group, the group's manager or an assignee if specified.

If you need help with this I'd suggest you contact us via normal support channels.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Re: Auto assign ticket to group

Postby uniceftacro on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:23 pm

*bump*
Hello, I have been trying to find where to configure that a notification is sent out to a Group when a new ticket is created with the SSP then found this forum post.
I figured that yes, probably it would be better to auto assign new incidents to a group based on the corresponding Service's Support Group field, then the group would get an automatic notification.
I wasn't able to find how to do this in the manual, before I create a ticket about this, has anybody done something similar before?
Thanks for all the help!
uniceftacro

Postby tccwrd on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:42 pm

If I understand you want to assign a group based on the service field?

You can do this, but when the Incident is created via the portal you have to make sure the service field is set and then have a trigger check its value. Then set the value of the assignee group based on how it's set.

Then you can have another trigger send out an email to the assignee group members.

Hope that makes sense. I'm not being as detailed as I could be.
Gary
tccwrd
Senior

Postby uniceftacro on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 pm

You understood it quite right and you had it right on target.
I created one trigger for incident creation only, based on the support group field of the ticket, with condition "(Assignee is blank) AND (Status equals 'Unassigned')", then I configured the email notification trigger (that one already existed).
Seems to work perfect, thanks a lot.
uniceftacro

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion