Not all service types shown in SSP

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator 6 Web Portals

Not all service types shown in SSP

Postby uniceftacro on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Hello,
We are trying to customize the SSP portal to display the different service and incident options to users (like setting up a video conference or assigning a laptop). Reading this forum I understand that it should be an Incident type of event, but I am unsure where/how:
1. Under Category, how do you configure which technician group receives the email notifications according to each category?
2. Uncer Service, there are several in the database but the SSP only shows two: "General Incident" and "Auto Generated Service". I've checked and all the others are set to Enabled, maybe there is a separate field for "SSP enabling"?
Examples or suggestions are also appreciated.
Last edited by uniceftacro on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
uniceftacro

Re: Not all services not shown in SSP

Postby eliaslynch on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:34 am

uniceftacro wrote:1. Under Category, how do you configure which technician group receives the email notifications according to each category?

you'll need to setup a trigger for this to say when condition (category = whatever) change assignee group to (whatever) and email the group members.

uniceftacro wrote:2. Uncer Service, there are several in the database but the SSP only shows two: "General Incident" and "Auto Generated Service". I've checked and all the others are set to Enabled, maybe there is a separate field for "SSP enabling"?

those I guess were just examples. you'll need to create your own or edit those.

basically you can give customers whatever fields you want. for instance you can give them service, category, type, whatever. it's up to you.

I saw a post by Paul from Alloy who said something about v6.1 having support for multiple create actions in the SSP. I think this will be much easier then. this will allow you to create a selection for SSP users to select something like 'projector request' and everything can be handled in that create action. still possible in v6 though.

tell me if I didn't answer your question.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Re: Not all services not shown in SSP

Postby uniceftacro on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:20 am

eliaslynch wrote:you'll need to setup a trigger for this to say when condition (category = whatever) change assignee group to (whatever) and email the group members.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
eliaslynch wrote:
uniceftacro wrote:2. Uncer Service, there are several in the database but the SSP only shows two: "General Incident" and "Auto Generated Service". I've checked and all the others are set to Enabled, maybe there is a separate field for "SSP enabling"?

those I guess were just examples. you'll need to create your own or edit those.
basically you can give customers whatever fields you want. for instance you can give them service, category, type, whatever. it's up to you.

EDIT: Nevermind, all incident types are showing now.

eliaslynch wrote:
I saw a post by Paul from Alloy who said something about v6.1 having support for multiple create actions in the SSP. I think this will be much easier then. this will allow you to create a selection for SSP users to select something like 'projector request' and everything can be handled in that create action. still possible in v6 though.

tell me if I didn't answer your question.

Thanks again, I'll try to look it up.
uniceftacro

Re: Not all service types shown in SSP

Postby ICT Tebodin on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:01 am

incident types are showing, but not the request types, is that correct?
ICT Tebodin
Senior

Re: Not all service types shown in SSP

Postby ICT Tebodin on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:41 am

:) it is correct, I have read here: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4521
ICT Tebodin
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Web Portal Discussion