Organization in Tracked Software

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator 6 Asset Management

Organization in Tracked Software

Postby ICT Tebodin on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:29 am

Why does Tracked Software have the opportunity to add Organization and Location information, but is it impossible to add Software Products to Tracked Software of only one Organization? [Software Products have Discovered Installations of all Organizations mixed]
ICT Tebodin
Senior

Re: Organization in Tracked Software

Postby janstonselig on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:10 am

ICT Tebodin wrote:Why does Tracked Software have the opportunity to add Organization and Location information, but is it impossible to add Software Products to Tracked Software of only one Organization? [Software Products have Discovered Installations of all Organizations mixed]

I may be misunderstanding what you mean, but my guess is because software products are not related to organizations or locations. The computers the software is installed on may be related to those things, but software products are not. For instance, Microsoft Word does not have an Organization or Location. The installation of Microsoft Word does.
janstonselig
Senior

Postby ICT Tebodin on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:39 am

Thanx for your comment!
That is the difference indeed.

I'm looking for a way to compare (for every Organization) Installed Software with Allocated Licenses.

I would expect Tracked Software to have this (but instead it has SW Products...).
ICT Tebodin
Senior

Postby eliaslynch on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:17 am

ICT Tebodin wrote:Thanx for your comment!
That is the difference indeed.

I'm looking for a way to compare (for every Organization) Installed Software with Allocated Licenses.

I would expect Tracked Software to have this (but instead it has SW Products...).

I think you can do this through the views in tracked software. for instance, open a tracked software record and go to discovered installations tab. create a view that's grouped by the organization and license allocated columns.

that do what you want?

if not I'm sure you can create the view you want there. You can do the inverse view under Allocated Licenses tab.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Asset Management Discussion