Purchase Orders and Asset and Hardware and Computer

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator 6 Asset Management

Purchase Orders and Asset and Hardware and Computer

Postby Schirmag on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:43 am

The whole construct is very strange.
I order via PO RAM for multiple servers. I choose "Receive item" I have to specify an "Asset Tag" whether I will or not. But the "asset tags" and "bar codes" are generated automatically when the "Asset Tag" no more "mandatory" is. It also creates new "hardware" is not filled out completely. Although the details but all are already there.
For a memory module I have to do aftercare four entries. The assets are still under "Application Tree" hidden. Hardware and Asset are really always the same so twice. But I have to maintain both twice with the same information.
This is more nonsense than sense.

This is no longer manageable by more than 2-3 orders per week. Then you need a new employee...
Schirmag

Re: Purchase Orders and Asset and Hardware and Computer

Postby janstonselig on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:18 pm

yes luckily this is controlled all by workflow so you can make it do what you want. I guess what is there is just default stuff.
janstonselig
Senior

Postby ellioth on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:05 pm

No it is not make it do what you want. The fact that if something gets discovered and you then wish to link it to a purchase order line item it is impossible to perform. This is completely unacceptable. Oh I mean you can delete everything in the system and start from scratch which I have clocked at taking almost an hour to perform and get everything setup appropriately. Not to mention loosing all history

I was considering expanding the use of Alloy within my company but after seeing how difficult it is to make something work and suggestions appear to take 5+ years to be put in the product I am not seeing it as a viable solution.
ellioth
Junior

Postby eliaslynch on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:26 pm

ellioth wrote:No it is not make it do what you want. The fact that if something gets discovered and you then wish to link it to a purchase order line item it is impossible to perform. This is completely unacceptable.

Obviously you're frustrated, but I'd get on the horn with someone from support. The things you mention are easily changed with workflow as janston said.

It took me some time to learn a couple things about the product that I needed to know before I went forward so just keep that in mind. Now that I know the product, it's far better than the previous versions. At first I did scratch my head on some things.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Asset Management Discussion