Custom Notification Request

Open discussion about our Asset Navigator application

Custom Notification Request

Postby RRussell on Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:25 am

I have a user requesting that this person doesn't want to recieve e-mail notifications of any kind which was setup awhile ago. Is it possible to create a way where certain users to not recieve notifications while others still do. I was looking at the Notification Rules and the Edit Rule section and discovered there are only three groups that you can send notifications to. So if there is a way to add another group of people to not recieve these notifications is that possible? Thanks for any help you can offer.
RRussell
Junior

Postby moroz on Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:35 pm

This is not possible in the current version. Our management team has approved the ability to create a specific group to not receive e-mail notifications and this feature should be available in one of our next releases.
moroz
Alloy Software

Re: Custom Notification Request

Postby filiplundby on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:38 am

Old thread - I know, but is this yet possible?

We want to sendt mails from a web-form to MailConnector, but "New ticket"- and "Ticket closed"-notification-mail also shows up as tickets, which is not our intention. We only want the ticket itself.

We could switch off notifications, but then people using the alloy self-help portal wont get notified.
filiplundby
Junior

Postby filiplundby on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:58 am

filiplundby
Junior

Postby eliaslynch on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:01 pm

I'd be surprised if Alloy updated v4 anymore. They are ready to release v6 very soon.

All I can add is that this is possible in both v5 and v6. You would just add a checkbox user defined field in persons called something like - 'no email' - and then in the business rule that sends email just have it check to make sure this field is false.

v4, I don't think can do this.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby filiplundby on Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:09 am

Thanks for your advice elias. We are using AN Express v5.1.0.

I'm still a little lost on this one. I've searched the documentation but could not find any information regarding this.

By "persons" do you mean "Contacts"? And by "business rule" do you mean "notification rule"? Or is this limitations of the Express edition?

Could you be more specific on how to do this? I appreciate your help.
filiplundby
Junior

Postby eliaslynch on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:20 pm

filiplundby wrote:Thanks for your advice elias. We are using AN Express v5.1.0.

my bad. I was talking about Alloy Navigator 5, not express. I never used express since we went from Asset Navigator v4 to Alloy Navigator 5.

filiplundby wrote:By "persons" do you mean "Contacts"? And by "business rule" do you mean "notification rule"? Or is this limitations of the Express edition?

in Alloy Navigator 5 contacts are called persons. sorry!
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby filiplundby on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:43 am

Well thanks anyway elias.

I realized that I mistakenly set the reply'er of the mail to the same as the receiver. So changing the reply'er solved the problem partly.

Still I would like to know if avoiding replies is possible in AN 5 Express (other than making a filter on the mail account).
filiplundby
Junior

Postby moroz on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Quote: 'Is it possible to create a way where certain users to not receive notifications while others still do.'

No, it is not possible in AN5E. The workaround is to set filters on your Mail Server.

NOTE, It is possible in Alloy Navigator 5 Enterprise.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby filiplundby on Mon May 03, 2010 2:06 am

Thankyou for clearing that up moroz
filiplundby
Junior

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Discussion