User replies to 'Resolved' ticket notification

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

User replies to 'Resolved' ticket notification

Postby jonhowson on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:58 am

Hi, We have had alloy for some time but we are only just about to enable email notifications.

I would like to know what others do, when the user is sent an automatic Resolved ticket notification email, and then the user replies to this email and says its not resolved.

I could do a business rule to then re-open this ticket, but what if the user is just replying and saying "thanks'

Would be interested to hear what others do in this case.

Thanks,
jonhowson

Re: User replies to 'Resolved' ticket notification

Postby GPS on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:18 pm

You could set up a rule for Ticket Activity when Object is created or modified with criteria Author does not equal Request.Assignee and then send an email to the Assignee which includes the Activity Details. This way you get notifed that its been updated.
We went further with this with the Criteria to exlude from the 'post master' if the email bounced.
GPS
Senior

Re: User replies to 'Resolved' ticket notification

Postby janstonselig on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:25 pm

it's tough to avoid having non-essential replies. I haven't been able to solve this one by doing more than what GPS suggested above. I have it set so I receive replies so I know what to jump on and what to leave for when I have time.

unless you come up with a way to determine exactly what someone might reply with - for instance in out of office messages - I'm not sure there's a way to stop non-essential replies.
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion