Retired Machines issue!

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Retired Machines issue!

Postby Kippers on Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:13 am

Say I retire a machine called "PC1" and then use the network name "PC1" for a new machine, or the machine wasn't retired and it re-adds it into the database.

The issue is though that it's not allowing me to save anything on the new PC. So if I edit the location or user it errors "Asset Tag "PC1" already exists. Please enter another one"

Any Ideas where I can go with this or if I can bring the other PC out of retirement or completely remove this record in the background?
Kippers

Re: Retired Machines issue!

Postby janstonselig on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:22 am

Check for computer business rules to see if you have a rule called "Check if Asset Tag is unique". Turns out this is a default rule that doesn't consider retired computers.

Once you find it add a condition to it that says "Retired equals False". This way it will only try to account for non-retired computers having the same asset tag.
janstonselig
Senior

Postby Kippers on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:50 am

Sorry about the late reply janstonselig. Only just noticed someone had replied to my post.

I have done this and it appears not to be working still. I have attached a screen shot so you can see if i am doing it wrong.

Regards
Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kippers

Postby janstonselig on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:36 pm

Not sure why that does't work based on what you posted.

AND
Asset tag is not blank
Asset tag is not system wide unique
Retired equals False

That should exclude retired computers. I'd verify the Asset Tag is not used by two non-retired computers.
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion