SNMP support?

Alloy Discovery is a comprehensive network inventory solution for network administrators and IT service providers, advancing the Alloy Network Inventory product line with next generation technology.

SNMP support?

Postby Tom Rainolds on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:46 pm

According to Alloy's web site Discovery should know how to use SNMP to capture data on networked devices. I upgraded to Discovery 5.1.0 and I don't see any changes comparing to previous versions.

Did I miss anything? Is it optional or hidden?
Tom Rainolds
Junior

Re: SNMP support?

Postby boulos on Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:38 pm

We purchased Alloy Discovery 5.1.0 mostly for auditing Mac and Linux and Unicode support which is great. At first SNMP was not working for us too until we changed Audit Settings. Maybe this will help you too?
boulos
Junior

Re: SNMP support?

Postby eliaslynch on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:06 am

Tom Rainolds wrote:I upgraded to Discovery 5.1.0 and I don't see any changes comparing to previous versions.

Tom, the SNMP devices are gathered using an IP Address on-demand audit and once you audit them you'll see the information listed in that same audit group.

I wish there was an easier way to view this info. I've already talked to Alloy about it. They said this is going to be improved very soon.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Return to Alloy Discovery Express 5