new installation of 4.5.3

Open discussion about our Asset Navigator application

new installation of 4.5.3

Postby rchin on Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:41 am

I'm reinstalling Asset Navigator on a new server. The first time I try to load the audit data, I get an auditloader message:
"Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_cfgConfiguration_PrimaryKey'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'cfgConfiguration'.
This message appears only once, but upon loading audit additional computer files, I get multiple errors in the audit loader that says
' [ERROR] The snapshot is older (6/30/2009 9:00:18 AM) than information in the database.'
We have about 300 audit files for unique computers, and AssetNavigator only knows about 10 of them, so I don't know how there could be newer information about those computers in the db already.

I've replicated this with a brand new blank db, has anyone else encountered this error?
rchin
Junior

Re: new installation of 4.5.3

Postby janstonselig on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:28 pm

rchin wrote:"Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_cfgConfiguration_PrimaryKey'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'cfgConfiguration'.

Dunno about this one. I'd think about contacting support on that one.

rchin wrote:' [ERROR] The snapshot is older (6/30/2009 9:00:18 AM) than information in the database.'

This one can happen in Alloy Navigator 5 too which is why I know a little about it. This can be harmless or it can point to an issue in your environment.

From what I understand, this means the system thinks you've already imported a snapshot for that computer. For instance, if you audit a computer two times and then try to import both audits, the system will disregard what it thinks is the older one and only import the newer one. So in most cases this is normal.

However, this could also mean that you have an issue with cloning. There's a file called the ina32.ini that needs to be unique on each machine. If this file is duplicated the system thinks that more than one computer is the same computer. So if you audit 20 computers with the same ina32.ini, on import it will disregard the 19 older ones since it thinks they are the same computer.

Get what I mean?
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Discussion