Resolving Problems and related Incidents

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Resolving Problems and related Incidents

Postby bwmahelpdesk on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:55 am

I would like to be able to copy the Problem Resolution Activity detail to an Incident Resolution activity for any Incidents that are related to the Problem.

Failing this is it possible to resolve all related incidents when a problem is resolved or closed?

It would be very handy to do this instead of closing all the Incidents manually and risking missing one or more.
bwmahelpdesk
Junior

Re: Resolving Problems and related Incidents

Postby eliaslynch on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:04 pm

I went through trying to do something like this too.

bwmahelpdesk wrote:Failing this is it possible to resolve all related incidents when a problem is resolved or closed?

You can resolve incidents related to a problem ticket fairly easily. In blogic under problem tickets you'll need to use the action called Change Related Object. Here you can choose to modify incident so you can create a rule that says when problem ticket status is resolved or closed, update incident with status resolved/closed.

bwmahelpdesk wrote:I would like to be able to copy the Problem Resolution Activity detail to an Incident Resolution activity for any Incidents that are related to the Problem.

With blogic you can't do a few things. 1) create objects 2) send requester from incident message based on problem activity. So...you have to do a bit of voodoo to achieve this.

Here's the flow.

Create activity > if resolution activity copy contents to problem UDF > when populated copy contents to incident UDF > resolve ticket. You can then send this to the customer if you want too. This is the only way I found.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby bwmahelpdesk on Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:06 am

Thanks, that was a great help. The only thing I changed was to create an email so that it created a resolution activity as well as the UDF in the incident. This is working really well now.
bwmahelpdesk
Junior

Postby geraldhayward on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:27 am

bwmahelpdesk wrote:Thanks, that was a great help. The only thing I changed was to create an email so that it created a resolution activity as well as the UDF in the incident. This is working really well now.

Hmm, good idea. You used the mail connector then. I never thought of that! :D
geraldhayward
Junior

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion