Serial Number not shown in Discovered Installations

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator 5 Asset Management

Serial Number not shown in Discovered Installations

Postby gregc on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:05 am

I have a requirement were I need to know the serial number for software installed, when I go in to Discovered Installations it does not list the serial number for all of the software products found, it will find the serial number for Microsoft products but I really would like to know it for other products installed especially Autodesk software.

I have looked in the software Recognition Manager but can not find were to put the registry entry

can some one please point me in the right direction
gregc
Junior

Re: Serial Number not shown in Discovered Installations

Postby eliaslynch on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:12 pm

gregc wrote:I have a requirement were I need to know the serial number for software installed, when I go in to Discovered Installations it does not list the serial number for all of the software products found, it will find the serial number for Microsoft products but I really would like to know it for other products installed especially Autodesk software.

I've had to deal with this situation as well and it unfortunately comes down to (as per discussions with Alloy's technical support) that not all manufacturers store their serial number/install key information in the same place. Also some of the manufacturers will encrypt it. In these cases Alloy can't get the information.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby gregc on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:31 am

I can find the serial number in the registry that is the annoying thing I just want to put that entry in to the alloy database
gregc
Junior

Postby janstonselig on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:05 am

I would contact Alloy support with information on the software and the location of the serial number in the registry. That's the only way to know what criteria the software uses to discover that info.

Oh and post back to tell me what happens so I know! 8)
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Asset Management Discussion