Mismatch in Computer/Audit data

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Mismatch in Computer/Audit data

Postby freddybobs on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:15 am

Hi,

I have a number of Computers that have the wrong Audit data attached to them (i.e Asset Tag of computer does not match Asset Tag in Audit file). How do I resolve this issue?

regards,
Freddybobs
freddybobs
Junior

Re: Mismatch in Computer/Audit data

Postby janstonselig on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:20 am

freddybobs wrote:I have a number of Computers that have the wrong Audit data attached to them (i.e Asset Tag of computer does not match Asset Tag in Audit file). How do I resolve this issue?

Freddy, keep in mind your audit profile's asset tag options will control what the asset is set to on import and this may differ if you have an internal asset tag convention. You'll probably want to set the field mappings in your audit profile to stop the incoming tags from overwriting the tags you're setting in the record and also set the upload options to make asset tag a non-unique field to stop conflicts.

Of course this is a guess at what you need cause you didn't give much background.
janstonselig
Senior

Postby uniceftacro on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:19 am

Good day,
Alloy Navigator 6 Discovery Synchronization is assigning new Asset Tags to computers in the Alloy Navigator database for records imported from Alloy Discovery. I found in the manual instructions on how to disable auto-generation of asset tag, but I was unable to find how to configure that the asset tag is taken from the asset tag field in Discovery instead? (I've checked and discovery is already pulling the correct asset tag from SMBIOS).
I am also seeing that the Alloy Navigator "Primary IP Address" field is empty while in the Discovery database is properly filled?
uniceftacro

Postby eliaslynch on Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:52 pm

uniceftacro wrote:Good day,
Alloy Navigator 6 Discovery Synchronization is assigning new Asset Tags to computers in the Alloy Navigator database for records imported from Alloy Discovery. I found in the manual instructions on how to disable auto-generation of asset tag, but I was unable to find how to configure that the asset tag is taken from the asset tag field in Discovery instead?

I haven't tried it, but I bet you can map the value over to an6. check out the service action for computers and look under the action field mapping tab to see if you can map the asset tag. I think you will have to map it as a virtual field and then pass it to the asset being created.

just yell if you need help

uniceftacro wrote:I am also seeing that the Alloy Navigator "Primary IP Address" field is empty while in the Discovery database is properly filled?

this was a bug if I rem. I think it's fixed in 6.1.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby uniceftacro on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:33 am

eliaslynch wrote:... check out the service action for computers and look under the action field mapping tab to see if you can map the asset tag. I think you will have to map it as a virtual field and then pass it to the asset being created.

Thanks!
I went to service actions for computers -> create action, but I see a very limited list of available fields, including Description, install date, location and 4 others, strange because the alloy discovery database has hundreds of fields.
I guess I am just looking at the wrong place?
uniceftacro

Postby tccwrd on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:38 am

If you go into either of the service actions for computers the field mapping tab may only show a few fields, but you can add more. Just click new. When you drop down the service attribute field it will prompt you to login to discovery and you'll be able to choose from all the fields discovery has.

Now I looked to see if you can map the asset tag in discovery to the asset tag in navigator and it appears you can't. Not sure if you can map it to a udf and then move it to the asset tag field.

I'd email support. I wonder if this might be a bug or I'm just missing something.
Gary
tccwrd
Senior

Postby janstonselig on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:59 am

tccwrd wrote:Now I looked to see if you can map the asset tag in discovery to the asset tag in navigator and it appears you can't. Not sure if you can map it to a udf and then move it to the asset tag field.

I came across this issue too and couldn't figure it out. I contacted support and they made me realize the asset tag field is not in computers anymore! heh, it's in assets. If you want to map the asset tag you have to do a bit of work.

It's too much to explain so I'm just attaching what support sent me. These will either replace or create your computer service actions and make it so the asset tag is pulled from discovery.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion