Export to HTML and Machine names

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Export to HTML and Machine names

Postby iosys on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:15 am

Hi,

I use the F9 optionto export the Audit to a set of webpages on my Intranet.

I want to be able to link to a specific PC from one of our other web apps, via the PC Name.
When I look at the links on the webpage, the PC name is listed as LT1234_ABCDEFGHIJKL.html

LT1234 is the PC name, but the next 12 characters seem to be random. Can NIN be set to Export to HTML but without these 12 characters ?

Cheers
Ian
iosys

Re: Export to HTML and Machine names

Postby janstonselig on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:39 am

iosys wrote:When I look at the links on the webpage, the PC name is listed as LT1234_ABCDEFGHIJKL.html. LT1234 is the PC name, but the next 12 characters seem to be random. Can NIN be set to Export to HTML but without these 12 characters ?

Ian, I've never used NIN, but I use Alloy Discovery 5 which "I think" is the next version of that product (think Alloy changed the product name) and I just tested the HTML report. All the HTML files I see are computername.html. There are times that it's computername.domain.html though.

Audit files (ADT) however are generated using the same format depending on how you get them.

Either way, I guess I can't be of that much help since I don't know if NIN worked that way by design.
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4