Username Re-creates over and over again

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Username Re-creates over and over again

Postby Kippers on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:34 am

I have a strange problem. My name seems to be re-creating with a brackets and a number in it everytime i log into a PC. I am not Andy (1893). when i try to remove them it says it is in use as it is registered on a PC. i cant remove them either as they are registred to PC's and when i go to delete it says it is in use.

Anyone have any ideas? I dont want my database to fill up, thats my main worry.

Regards
Andy
Kippers

Postby moroz on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:15 pm

The explanation is provided in one of our KB articles, please login into our Support Portal and search for ‘Person matching algorithms’ or ‘KB001260’.
moroz
Alloy Software

Re: Username Re-creates over and over again

Postby janstonselig on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:39 pm

Kippers wrote:Anyone have any ideas? I dont want my database to fill up, thats my main worry.

I had the same issue and it was due to a duplicate email address. I didn't have as many as you though. You have 1,893 duplicates of Andy? hehe wow. I had 10 or 12 or something.

Anyways, for cleanup support sent me a script which I used to merge all my duplicates in a few seconds. I would advise you do that and then figure out the issue.
janstonselig
Senior

Postby Kippers on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:58 am

to remove them in the end i went to user and did a merge with. i dont know if this was correct but seemeed to work. looks like its working fine now.

Regards
Andy
Kippers

Postby Laurentiu on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:14 pm

I have the same problem which was resolved using AN5BatchPersonsMerge.vbs script.
But a I have another strange situation, some person are added just with the Name or with the login name.
For this situation the script doesn't work.
Laurentiu

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion