Can I stop the user ID from Audit being added to contacts?

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Inventory

Can I stop the user ID from Audit being added to contacts?

Postby tad_kingston on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:51 pm

Hi. When I first set up AN4 I found that each time a PC was audited the logged on user name was added to Contacts. As I had also imported the contact from the AD this meant I had two entries for each user, e.g. johndoe (with the PC as an Asset) and domain\johndoe (with no Asset). Since the HelpDesk staff could enter Tickets under either ID the system quickly became a mess of duplicates. I have manipulated the database tables to clean out all old Audit records and then to delete any contacts that did not have a ticket associated with it. The next step is to change the user IDs in Tickets so that duplicate user IDs are removed.

Is there a simple change to the audit that will record the logged on user but not add they user to contacts?
tad_kingston

Postby moroz on Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:10 pm

There is an option to disable creation of new users (contacts) based on imported audit snapshots. The options is called 'Ignore new users in the audit data' and located in Administrative Settings -> Loading Collected Data -> General.

Please note, the Import users from AD checks the existing in the database contacts for duplicates. The fact that you receive duplicate records indicates that there is an issue with this task. I recommend that you troubleshot the Import from AD rather then customizing the database.
moroz
Alloy Software

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Inventory Discussion