Highlight your tickets updated by someone else

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 5 application

Highlight your tickets updated by someone else

Postby quinnmacdonald on Sun May 13, 2007 8:10 am

It would be especially handy if a ticket in my queue could visually reflect that it has been updated by someone else. We have senior techs that update junior techs tickets with info to help tehm resolve the task, but unless the senior tech changes the status (which leads to too many status options) the junior tech won't know there is info there to help them unless the specifically go into the ticket and view the latest activity.
quinnmacdonald
Junior

Re: Highlight your tickets updated by someone else

Postby pille on Mon May 14, 2007 11:00 am

quinnmacdonald wrote:It would be especially handy if a ticket in my queue could visually reflect that it has been updated by someone else. We have senior techs that update junior techs tickets with info to help tehm resolve the task, but unless the senior tech changes the status (which leads to too many status options) the junior tech won't know there is info there to help them unless the specifically go into the ticket and view the latest activity.

There's a few ways to do this actually, but I'll list what I think are the two best ways. It would probably be best all of these solutions together.

- regardless of the view, it's easy to create a business rule that states, on activity creation, email the assignee the details of any activity where the assignee is not the author. This way they get an email everytime someone else updates their ticket.

- you mentioned that technicians were not changing the status. You can have business logic change the status for you. Create a rule that work on activity creation. If the author is someone other than the assignee, have the status change to in progress or assigned or whatever you'd like.

- adjust the highlighting of your view to work based on status. Non-workable statuses are in grey with italic font and the workable tickets are bolded in the color of your choice. As business logic works, the assignee knows what tickets they have to work on.

Let me know if you're unsure how to do these things and I can elaborate.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Return to Alloy Navigator 5 Discussion