Error Starting up Asset navigator

Open discussion about our Asset Navigator application

Error Starting up Asset navigator

Postby revhard on Wed May 02, 2007 5:30 pm

When I installed asset navigator and setup the SQL server. And pick the correct database. Once i click finish an error screen comes up the says you have "you do not have enough rights to access this database".

Now the kicker is I have been logged into the asset navigator for about 6 hours. Then it kicks me. I have to reimage the PC and then my log in will only work for about 6 hours.

Now I am a returning employee in which my account in asset navigator had the active box unchecked but once I came back my boss checked the active box again.

I have full rights to the SQL server as well as full systems rights thru AD.
Is there a setting that we missed that keeps cause my logon ID to get locked?
revhard

Re: You do not have enough rights to access this database

Postby pille on Thu May 03, 2007 2:44 pm

Welcome revhard :D

revhard wrote:...I have been logged into the asset navigator for about 6 hours. Then it kicks me. I have to reimage the PC and then my log in will only work for about 6 hours.

You have to reimage the PC? That sounds a bit drastic to me.

So, after being logged in for a certain amount of time, you are kicked out. Does it give you an error message of any kind? Does it simply just close the application? Then, when you try to log back in it says you don't have permissions.

I would expect, if you do in fact have the rights, that the error message is a bogus error message. I can only guess why it's happening, but I suspect the angle that should be taken initially is to figure out why you're getting kicked.

To do that, more information on how you're getting kicked out is needed.

Are you idle? Are there error messages? Are there events in the event log? Does this happen with only one machine? Does it happen only with one account?
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Discussion