ITSP best practices?

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Inventory

ITSP best practices?

Postby stephank on Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:54 am

We are currently evaluating AN to manage and support our current customers, and I'm looking for some documentation on how to best setup AN to centralize for instance asset management. More specifically, how do I gather all the asset info files on my central server (which will reside in a datacenter in the future)?
With AN, it's theoretically possible to really behave like a managed service provider, but the workflow and methods are not yet clear for me, because for one, my clients networks are not in the same Active Directory network. If my question is not clear enough please contact me through e-mail.

Regards,

Stephan Kerkman
SenS IT Solutions
stephank
Junior

Postby stephank on Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:44 am

Can I have an answer to this please? We are looking into other solutions of the competition too and I now don't know currently if Asset Navigator is the correct solution for us.

Kind regards,

Stephan
stephank
Junior

Postby mhull on Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:30 pm

The optimal method for consolidating audit data from multiple sites depends on the details of the networks and domains involved.

Generally speaking the goal is to deploy the Inventory Analyzer to each site (which will generate the .adt snapshot files containing computer information) and then transport those files back to your central site via some standard file transfer method like FTP.

Our support team will contact you to further assist with devising a solution specific to your environment.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Inventory Discussion