Identifying which pc the Software Product items were generat

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Identifying which pc the Software Product items were generat

Postby memcalli on Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:30 pm

Hi there,

THere is a huge list of software products listed in the 'software' section of Asset Nav Ent edition. Is there a way to find out from which pc the software product item name was generated?
The reason why I want to know is because there are some software product names that are inappropriate and I want to be able to locate the pcs so I can tell them to uninstall that software.

THanks

m.
memcalli
Junior

Postby dimout on Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:47 am

The software products list is a list of software that can be recognized in the file scan part of the audit process. So actually it is not a list of installed software but rather a list of sets of rules for software recognition purposes. If however some of the software in the list is installed on a particlar PC, the PC should be figured if you double click the desired software record and go to the Installations tab.
For a list of the installed software in your organization please refer to the Software installations list.
dimout

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4