Reporting from AN 4.4.1 using Access

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Reporting from AN 4.4.1 using Access

Postby ajmccormack on Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:22 am

I am looking to produce a report, using MS Access, using an ODBC connection to the Asset Navigator SQL database.

For the most part, I can get all the information I want, apart from 1 particular area which is causing me problems.

I need to report on network drive mappings that a particular user/machine has, giving drive letter used, and the UNC path that is mapped on that resource. The drives are generally mapped to Netware volumes, and I can see all this information, both in the AN scan files, and in Asset Navigator itself.

What I need to know, is which table this data is contained, or where in the Asset Navigator I can link to, to find this information.

Running Asset Nav v4.4.1, Build 1568
Win XP on desktop
Win 2k Server

Thanks in advance.
Adam
ajmccormack
Junior

Postby moroz on Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:59 pm

All information that you can see under section 'Audit Info' is not accessible for the reporting module tool by design.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby ajmccormack on Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:49 am

So what are my options, is there no way I can get access to the data, or is this something I would need the sister product, Network Inventory for ?
ajmccormack
Junior

Postby moroz on Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:27 am

Accessing audit information is possible in our other product, Alloy Network Inventory with option 'Publish Audit Information on the Web'.
moroz
Alloy Software

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4