Software License Administration

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator 6 Asset Management

Software License Administration

Postby ICT Tebodin on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:43 am

hi,

Can anyone help me with this issue:

How to get an overview of Software Licenses per Organization vs. Discovered Installations per Organization?

I need this view for managing the administration of the licenses per country and to check wether the software used is administrated as licensed.

thanx
ICT Tebodin
Senior

Re: Software License Administration

Postby eliaslynch on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:16 pm

check the database for a view called 'discovered_installation_list'. this has a bunch of useful stuff.

for instance, it has product name, version, manufacturer, installed_on, organization, location and license_allocated.

if you have your licenses setup where licenses are allocated to computers based on discovered installations I think this view will give you what you want.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby Tebodin on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:41 am

I can compare in different views, but I would like to compare in Tracked Software.

Licenses in Tracked Software are allocated to computers manually, because when I choose to base it on discovered installations I will have computers from OU1 and OU2 and OU3, etc. allocated.

So I could create for the whole company Tracked Software, but that is not how software licenses are managed.

Per OU we have a Tracked Software, bcs in our company ICT managers per OU purchase their own software.
---------
Brendan
Tebodin

Postby Tebodin on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:45 am

Other issue is: rationalization.

When using auto-allocation, how to know that what is found on the computer (discoverd) is in fact Excel 2007, part of MS Office, part of MS Enterprise agreement.
---------
Brendan
Tebodin

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Asset Management Discussion