SSP approval workflow

Open discussion about the Alloy Navigator 6 Web Portals

SSP approval workflow

Postby ICT Tebodin on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:13 am

Hello,

Can anyone help me with how to create a approval workflow in the SSP?

We upgraded to 6.1.

I would just like to have a field where the end-user can choose (from a dropdown list) who should approve his/her request. Then a workflow that sends an e-mail to the approver. The approver clicks 1 button to approve or reject and the request is put through to the IT department to further handle it.
ICT Tebodin
Senior

Re: SSP approval workflow

Postby eliaslynch on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Haven't tried this. I just had requests for approval go to the requester's manager. I'm guessing you could create a virtual field referencing persons and then in the email go to that person's email for the to field?
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby Tebodin on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:28 am

I did find this KB article: http://support.alloy-software.com/?mode ... d=KB002121

One thing is unclear:
I would like to send the e-mail to the manager of the requester. In the article it says the e-mail goes to %[Approvers_Email_List]%. Where does this list come from? Can i change it to manager?

I haven't implemented all this, just trying to understand first. Thanks for feedback.
---------
Brendan
Tebodin

Postby tccwrd on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:24 pm

Hmm, that macro seems to come from change requests. That's a list of the change request approvers. That's just a list of email addresses so you should be able to change it to the requester manager email without a problem.
Gary
tccwrd
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Web Portal Discussion