Knowledge Base Article

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 6 application

Knowledge Base Article

Postby tfo on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi,
I am creating knowledge base articles from a word document and then when completed the content is copied and pasted in to a Knowledge Base in Alloy. However there appears to be a problem in that if there are any images the images does not show for some reason (see attached document). Is this a bug in the system or is there an alternative way this can be done. I can copy and paste an image direct into KB in Alloy but not from a word document. Has anyone got a solution for this? Any suggestions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tfo
Junior

Re: Knowledge Base Article

Postby moroz on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:40 pm

It looks like Word places special tags/proprietary styles to optimize printing documents and it affects copying images from a Word document. I would try to convert a source Word document into HTML and then copy into a KB article. This should allow copying both, text and image.

Please note: We recently added a feature request to address this behavior so it should be improved in our next releases.
moroz
Alloy Software

Re: Knowledge Base Article

Postby tfo on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Thanks for the information. I have found that I had to save the document as a Web Page, Filtered. This enables the images to be copied to KBA, the "other" HTML formats will not work. You also need to copy the data from the actual HTML document that has been created.
Thanks again :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tfo
Junior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Discussion