Odered Approval Email/Sending to First

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 6 application

Odered Approval Email/Sending to First

Postby gcorwinaci on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:39 am

I have set up change managment workflow where a request comes in, approvers are added & ranked (1 to #) 1 being the first person in the chain of approval (I think that was the intent, I can't find clear documentation on this software package on how anything works)

I want the emails to go out in the order after each approval stage. It goes up the chain of command and the top person doesn't want to see it until all the other members have given their approval.

I tried the functions that were provided bu Alloy, but it doesn't email the first ranked person it send the message to all of them. That being said, I am now not even sure I can believe the "Next approver" function will work.

Help please.
gcorwinaci
Junior

Re: Odered Approval Email/Sending to First

Postby pille on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:25 pm

The sequential approval works like this:

- Email approver with lowest rank
- Wait for approval, reject after time alotted has passed
- If approved, email the next approval with next lowest rank
- Wait for approval...
- Approve when all approvers have approved

Take a look at the Task Action called Request Approval. You'll see in the Programming tab if the voting method equals sequenced approval, it emails the first approver in the list. To find it easily, go to the GO TO toolbar option in admin settings and put in 332 to go to that workflow item.

Something to consider is, if the first approver is you, and enable self notification is off (admin settings > services > email integration > outgoing notifications > notification settings) then you won't get the email. Try making the first approver someone else, make sure they have an email in the system and then check the queue.

admin settings > services > email integration > outgoing notifications > notification queue manager

You can see emails going out from there. In fact, I'd pause it so you can avoid emailing people during testing.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Discussion