Automatically Print Tickets on Assignment

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 6 application

Automatically Print Tickets on Assignment

Postby jlanphear on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:56 am

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to automatically print tickets on assignment?

We have a department that has some staff members that do not use Alloy and it would be great if when that Dept. has a ticket assigned to them it Prints out on their printer so they can see it as they are walking by.

I played around for a bit and didn't see anything like this built in, and figured it would be difficult to get it set up, but I figured I'd ask anyway. For now I have it set up so it sends an email to that dept. on assigment, but some of the dept. members rarely even access their email.

I also have managed to get this set up and working via an external command, however that would mean installing and maintaning a few settings on 4 or 5 PC's (that do ticket assignments). Is there a way to have the programs for the External Command reside on a server rather than on the local PC's?

Thanks.
jlanphear
Junior

Re: Automatically Print Tickets on Assignment

Postby janstonselig on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:07 pm

jlanphear wrote:I also have managed to get this set up and working via an external command

That'll be the way to do it. The external command is triggered from and on the machine which uses the workflow so you'll need the utility installed on machines using the command.

Why not put the utility on some central network share? Assuming you can...
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Discussion