Auto populating vendor fields not working as expected

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 6 application

Auto populating vendor fields not working as expected

Postby jasonstarkey on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:39 pm

I have been working on creating a PO workflow to match our business process. One step is that when a request is entering in PO, they need to provide the vendor information so that the management can approve and fund.

So in doing this i added the Vendor field into my Create PO form. I set it to mandatory. Once the requester creates a new PO and selects vendor, and the PO window opens, i go to the vendor tab and noticed that none of the vendor information is populated.

If i dont include the vendor field in the Create PO form, and you select the vendor from the vendor field on the vendor tab, the rest of the field will auto populate with the vendor's information.

This was holding true for when i wanted to specify a Bill To or Ship To field on my Create PO form. The user can select one from the drop down list, but the Bill To, or Ship to information for that record would not populate the fields within the PO record.

Thanks for any assistance on this.
jasonstarkey

Re: Auto populating vendor fields not working as expected

Postby eliaslynch on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:03 pm

I tried it and got the same result. Maybe a product issue, dunno. I'd contact support directly. Maybe they have a fix. If so, let me know!
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Re: Auto populating vendor fields not working as expected

Postby janstonselig on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:41 pm

I think you can add operations in the programming tab to populate these if they don't, but you'd have to write some SQL to do it.
janstonselig
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Discussion