Business Logic Questions

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 6 application

Business Logic Questions

Postby SitusIT on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:21 am

There are 3 functions that are executed when a user creates a ticket via SSP, they calculate Priority, Response Date and Due Date, I can see they are exectued but the fields are blank, needs more criteria i suspect, can someone point me in the right direction how i can modify these to my environment.
thank you
SitusIT

Re: Business Logic Questions

Postby janstonselig on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:40 am

Yeah, this can be confusing.

Trace the function back to the macro it uses. On the function tab of that trigger you'll see for instance, it says something like 'set priority to %<calculate priority>% <--- this is a macro.

If you go to macros under Incidents, expand all tickets, you'll see the macro there.

Now, a guess is that this function requires 4 parameters - impact, urgency, organization and service. If any of those are blank my guess is for this example priority will be too. That means in order to populate priority all of those values are needed. My guess is if you trace back those others (response date, due date) that it will be similar.

To summarize as best I can, the application requires service to populate priority and it uses organization to determine which sla > service level it should use when it populates the dates.
janstonselig
Senior

Postby SitusIT on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Thank you very much for the reply, I've looked at the macros and your guess about the function requiring the 4 parms is correct, so the next question is how i populate those parms.. you indicate that the appl needs service to populate priority, how is that determined ? then organizaion to determine which sla or service level, which in turn populates all the date fields, but don't see where / how all those fields get populated ?

thanks again for the response.
SitusIT

Postby janstonselig on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:27 pm

SitusIT wrote:...how i populate those parms.. you indicate that the appl needs service to populate priority, how is that determined ? then organizaion to determine which sla or service level, which in turn populates all the date fields, but don't see where / how all those fields get populated ?

It will depend where tickets are submitted from and whether or not you have more than one service.

You have more than one service:
Self-Service Portal - let customer populate service, urgency and impact
Mail Connector - leave it blank, populate it later
Phone - let technician populate service, urgency and impact

You have one service:
Self-Service Portal - populate in template
Mail Connector - populate in template
Phone - populate in template

As for the organization, I could swear I saw a default trigger that sets the organization to the requester's organization. You'll want this in place to make sure the organization is available.

Hope that makes sense.
janstonselig
Senior

Postby giblantar on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:46 am

thank you for sharing your amazing knowledge in this subject.
i am new at your forum system and i can see i can learn a lot.
thank you very much!
giblantar
Junior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Discussion