Resolved Date

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 6 application

Resolved Date

Postby marilyn on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:02 am

Sometimes I need to enter tickets in the system that came in late (or that I forgot to write up).

I know you an change the Submit Date in the Update Information screen, but I have not figured out a way to modify the Resolved Date. Is there a way to do this?
marilyn
Senior

Re: Resolved Date

Postby eliaslynch on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:53 am

guess you mean completed date? whatever fields you want to edit you have to add to a form or make non-read only. I guess the defaults didn't expect someone would edit that field.

if you go under workflow, actions, tasks for any object find update information. on the forms tab you should be able to add any field you want.

quick answer so just say if you can't find it.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby marilyn on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:01 am

Thank you for your assistance. I did find the area in admin to change this but will wait until I play a bit with the admin functions before doing this.
marilyn
Senior

Postby marilyn on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:13 pm

Ok - I figured out how to edit the form (customized form) and when I resolved a ticket, it allowed me to enter in a date from 2 weeks ago (I also changed the Submit date accordingly). The Submit Date changed fine, but the Completed Date still shows up in the reports and in the front panels as today's date.

Is there something else I need to do to make this work?
marilyn
Senior

Postby eliaslynch on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:09 pm

marilyn wrote:...but the Completed Date still shows up in the reports and in the front panels as today's date.

front panels?

when you resolve a ticket it will set the completed date to the current date/time. are you setting the completed date and then resolving it? I'll need to know what series of steps you're taking to get your result.
--------
Elias
eliaslynch
Senior

Postby marilyn on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:41 am

Sorry I did not respond earlier - this issue kind of slipped to the bottom of my priorities.

We have cometo the conclusion that we cannot mess with the Resolved/Completed date.
We have been able to modify the Submit Date for "late start" tickets, however - I think this will accomplish what we are trying to do.
Thanks for the assistance.
marilyn
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Discussion