Changing status to "In Progress"

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 6 application

Changing status to "In Progress"

Postby marilyn on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:54 pm

I am a new user of Nav 6 and spend a good part of my day updating tickets. I noticed something odd in the Statuses.

For starters, If I have a newly assigned ticket and add activity, the status stays "Assigned".

If I place the call on "Hold", then take it off Hold it switches to "In Progress". This seems to go along with adding some time to the entry (either as "Log Work" or in the "Hold" dialog box).

This sounds like a bug to me (or is there another way to trigger the "In Progress" status).

Currently, I am putting calls on Hold, then taking them off right away with 1 min of time so I can get the ticket in the "In Progress" status (so my boss knows this is something I am working on).

Any thoughts on this?
marilyn
Senior

Re: Changing status to "In Progress"

Postby janstonselig on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:41 am

I found the same thing and changed it. It's just workflow so you can do what you want with it. I changed mine like this:

Open the log work task in administrative settings and on the programming tab add something like this

IF (Assignee equals '<Current User>') AND (Status equals 'Assigned')
Execute Function 'Set in Progress Status'

This way if the assignee logs work on a ticket in Assigned status it will set the status to in progress.
janstonselig
Senior

Re: Changing status to "In Progress"

Postby marilyn on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:55 am

Thank you for the assistance. It looks like I will have to wait a bit to do this since I have not gotten into the admin functions yet. When I do, I will be back to look this up.
marilyn
Senior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Discussion