purchase orders - receiving items

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 6 application

purchase orders - receiving items

Postby BLerch on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:16 pm

1. when wishing to receive POitems via "actions-> receive items" I get an error like "invalid column <Class_ID>". Happens in the EVAL-database as well as in converted AN5 database and on converted PO as well as newly created ones.
2. Via "items->actions>receive item" i can only receive ONE item and fill out a form. imagine I had ordered 10 to 30 or so devices of the same kind. as I do quite often.

How can I get back the functions I am used to?
BLerch

Re: purchase orders - receiving items

Postby jimken on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:01 pm

BLerch wrote:1. when wishing to receive POitems via "actions-> receive items" I get an error like "invalid column <Class_ID>". Happens in the EVAL-database as well as in converted AN5 database and on converted PO as well as newly created ones.

Support told me that action shouldn't be there. It was a mistake. Instead use the one below near PO items.

BLerch wrote:2. Via "items->actions>receive item" i can only receive ONE item and fill out a form. imagine I had ordered 10 to 30 or so devices of the same kind. as I do quite often.

For me I would rather not create 30 devices without serial numbers or identifiable numbers anyway so it's ok for me. In version 5 after rec'ing all I'd have to go update the records anyway or it would make a mess when importing computers.

I can't imagine this can't be changed since it all uses these new actions.
- - -
Jim
jimken
Junior

Postby BLerch on Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:00 am

Jim, if you get something delivered, how many items do you get? How many active Assets do you have?
Just want to know to perhaps re-think the organization of my department.
BLerch

Postby jimken on Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:12 pm

BLerch wrote:Jim, if you get something delivered, how many items do you get? How many active Assets do you have? Just want to know to perhaps re-think the organization of my department.

I have roughly 1500 computers and probably can get up to 20-25 computers at a time. So I'm not ordering 100 at a time or anything, but I think it might not matter.

How do you link your Assets to Computers? How do you like your PO created Computers to Audited Computers?

I used to have lots of issues with duplicate computers because the PO process would create a computer and then the computer would import. They were duplicated because I sometimes neglected to put in information about the PO created computer like serial number or computer name. Then when the computer imported it didn't even conflict, it just didn't see a match and it created a new record. This was quite a mess to clean up. Later I started updating every computer record created by a PO with the serial number so that it would automatically cause a conflict and at least I could merge the technical and financial info together.

With 6 now the only difference for me is that I get to put in the serial number when I create the computer records. Before I had to create them, go find them and then update them.

When you create assets 30 at a time you never had issues with blank information in those records? I always did. I need to learn more about the workflow to find out how to make it easier though. Maybe there is a wayt o receive multiple items at once.
- - -
Jim
jimken
Junior

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Discussion