Change Request Tickets

Open discussion about our Alloy Navigator 6 application

Change Request Tickets

Postby kody on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:44 pm

Is there a way to set a default list of approvers for a Change Request? We always have the same approvers and it would be nice to not have to select all of the approvers each time a Change Request is permitted.
kody
Junior

Re: Change Request Tickets

Postby GPS on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:38 pm

This would be good to have. In AN5 we created a Look Up UDF which listed our designated Change Approvers, with business logic checking these staff when the status was changed to Approved. It's an extra houskeeping task but works well.
A similar approach may be possible in AN6 but I haven't played around with any of the new Business Logic yet.
GPS
Senior

Postby pille on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:06 pm

I had a second and threw together a create action that creates 3 approvers automatically. There's no template or form related to it, but it's meant to be an example.

A note of caution. Only import this in a test database as I think it will automatically create persons.

To import the attached .xml:

1. go into admin settings
2. go to file > export and import > import all
3. go through the wizard

Let me know if it works and if you have questions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Postby Kynson on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:22 am

In v5.3, the Change Request Process I've implemented raises Work Orders to each team which Quality Assures a Change Request (in effect a virtual Change Advisory Board). This means that the Change Request is initially saved with only the template information, and the Work Orders are saved with a description saying "see parent Change Request" but it works well for us, allowing a virtual CAB. The Change Request Templates list the process to be followed in the Description field, including CAB membership and who will approve the Change Request. The Due Date on the Work Orders is set to be before the Response Date on the Change Request.
Kynson

Return to Alloy Navigator 6 Discussion