Hardware Audit

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Hardware Audit

Postby isamoylov on Wed Jan 09, 2002 12:59 am

Some hardware like Video Card, Monitor, Sound Card, Network Card, CDRom,CDWriter etc... are not detected but the AuditAgent....
isamoylov
Alloy Software

problem reports - general guidelines

Postby Support Team on Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:54 am

Could you send a detailed description of your computer configuration to support@a-navigator.com. Please include the following information:
  • OS type and version
  • processor type
  • wrongly detected hardware make and model

We need this information to identify the problem and reproduce it in our environment.

Thank you!
Support Team

Tool does not find all hardware devices

Postby hvincke on Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:09 am

On WinNT4 and Windows95/98 systems the tool does not find all devices, such as NIC, Other installed devices, etc
hvincke

Problem confirmed

Postby Support Team on Wed Jan 23, 2002 4:39 pm

The problem with the detection of installed components has been confirmed. We will provide a fix in the upcoming release of version 2.5

Thank you.
Support Team

Hardware detection problems

Postby isamoylov on Fri Mar 01, 2002 10:45 am

First of all I\'d like to congratulate your team for this wonderfull software even more because I know the competition is strong yet this soft is very good.
Now, the problem in hardware dectection seems to be not in detection but when you import the data into the Administrator console. Ina32.exe seems to detect most of the hardware but many of the detected hard is nowhere to be found on the database once you import the audit files, information like BIOS, video cards, Sound cards and other internal peripherals which are detected do not seem to be imported; sometimes it fails detecting the Harddisk capacity and free space. I am working with version 2.5 in a Windows 98 environment.
Do I have to add all the hardware manually or can it be imported automatically???

Best regards...
isamoylov
Alloy Software

Postby Support Team on Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:09 pm

The problem is that some of the audit information was not supposed to be stored in the database. Using the \"Audit Details\" feature you still can see that information, but since most of it has little to do with \"asset tracking\" is is not being imported. Please tell us how would you use this information if you had it in the database.

The issue with reporting hard disk information in some cases is still open, but we are trying to get it resolved.

Best regards.
Support Team

Undetected Hardware

Postby isamoylov on Fri Mar 22, 2002 5:06 pm

I am currently evaluating the software but I know exactly how I would use the information if in the database.

We are a large company that has been around for quite sometime so our hardware has been far behind our software upgrades....

For instance, Colorgraphics Video Cards and Windows 2000 are not a good mix, so it is vital to know which stations have these types of cards before planning office-wide OS upgrades. Other situations are similar.

If version 2.5 can detect and report in a similar sortable fashion (processor speed, NIC, Video card, Ram, Computer name, IP, HD size and free space, Sound card, and assorted peripherals...pda\'s, printers...) then show me where to buy...!

Contact me ASAP via here
isamoylov
Alloy Software

Followup

Postby isamoylov on Fri Mar 22, 2002 5:07 pm

OK, feeling stupid...have downloaded 2.61, but still don\'t see the vid or nic in the database, only in details...

Is this possible?
isamoylov
Alloy Software

Postby Support Team on Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:17 pm

The task at hand, as you are describing it, can be solved with the version (2.6.0) of the Network Inventory Navigator (not Asset Navigator, these are different product). The main grid can be customized through the template file (template.adt) to pull information from various sections of the audit snapshot. You may add the necessary columns (Video Card, for example) to the grid and use the new columns for analysis.
Support Team

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4