Two things I've noticed -- NIN 3.0.1

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Two things I've noticed -- NIN 3.0.1

Postby BudDurland on Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:34 am

I\'m convinced that NIN is great product, and the purchase order is winding it\'s way through the labyrinth now. Two things I\'ve noticed in testing:

Drives mapped to a Netware server are not listed when I click on \"Mapped Network Drives\" in the \"Network\" tab of a computer.

I\'ve deployed INA32 to do Summay filescan, and made sure the check box for \"Disable Browser Cache Directory\" box is checked. Still, when a Win2K pro workstation machine is audited, files in C:Documents and settings<other>Temorary internet files... are listed.

In this case, <Other> means the settings folders for users other than the one that\'s currently logged in. It would be cool if ALL the \"temp internet\" folders could be ignored.
BudDurland

Postby BudDurland on Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:49 am

I deleted the files from the audit data directory, and now it\'s finding the mappednetowkr drives. I was testing the Asset navigator program earlier, and didn\'t completely clean up after un-installing it. Perhaps there was some debris from that?

Can I use wild cards in the disable directory setup for file scanning? I\'m thinking of something like *temporary internet files*.

Love playing with new toys.... :D
BudDurland

Postby BudDurland on Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:43 pm

Can I use wild cards in the disable directory setup for file scanning? I\'m thinking of something like *temporary internet files*.

I tried it and it seems to have worked! Very, very cool.

My apologies to the readership for starting this thread without benefit of complete investigation. :(
BudDurland

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4