File summary problems

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

File summary problems

Postby cpladmin on Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:27 am

I am running the evaluation version of Network Inventory 4.2.0.802 and I belive that I have set the audit up correctly. Everything seems to work apart from the file summary, which is blank on all the PC's. I have set up a thorough scan under the files scan configuration and made sure that the relevant files were chosen and ticked the detailed scan box, as we are trying to see if it is possible to know the file names on each PC, due to the work that we do. I have also unticked the "do not scan any files" box. Under the file statistics, I get the number and location of each type of files. Is it possible to get the actual file names as well?
cpladmin

File summary

Postby Brophers on Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:56 am

Files only appear in the summary file listing if you select summary file option. If you click the detailed scan box, the summary file listing will appear blank and the detailed file listing will appear in the detected software list.

It seems a bit odd to me that you can't have a file summary as well as a detailed file scan - but you can't!! You have to choose one or the other for each file type.
Brophers
Junior

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4