Duplicates, 500 machines = 850 snapshots!

Alloy Network Inventory is a comprehensive, budget-friendly, easy-to-deploy network inventory solution that provides you with accurate and up-to-date information from every computer on your network.

Duplicates, 500 machines = 850 snapshots!

Postby mjohn on Wed May 31, 2006 8:52 am

I've found a few posts about this without resolution. I have about 500 machines on a AD (Server 2003) network. Using a login script to initiate the program. It seems that ever since I upgraded to the newest version my snapshots refuse to overwrite. I've gone to the extent of giving 'Everyone' full control of the auditdata directory and I still get dozens of conflicts every day.

Windows XP machines, the users are given limited control of the PC's. Everybody is reporting and the machines that seem to conflict up have no set pattern as to configuration or permissions. Things were working fine since the latest update at which I re-did my configuration and all the problems started happening. Nothing in the logs show anything out of the ordinary that i've seen

Any help with this is greatly appreciated, its taking valuable time each morning to clear conflicts since we're far exceeding our licenses with the duplicates.

Thanks!
-John
mjohn

Postby pille on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:05 pm

If you haven't already please submit a technical support request to us. We would need more information to find out exactly what it happening. Duplicates should be occur unless the conflict is resolved by specifying that the found machine is not the same one.

EDIT: I read your issue fast and realize what you mean now by duplicates. Nonetheless please submit a request to us and we'll help you resolve it.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Return to Alloy Network Inventory 4